The Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network accompaniment program recruits and trains volunteers to accompany people navigating the pipelines of the immigration machine; to their immigration hearings, ICE check-ins, and civil courthouse matters.
This provides support to the person navigating the constellations and enables volunteers to hold immigration & courthouse personnel authorities accountable. Standing in solidarity with immigrants facing deportation also demonstrates to immigration judges, ICE officers, and government attorneys that there is a community mobilized against their deportation.
How does it work? Once you're trained you become part of the accompaniment program. You'll learn about upcoming accompaniments and can sign up for time slots and locations that work for you.
• Church Council of Greater Seattle
• Central Washington Justice For Our Neighbors
• Spokane Immigrant Rights Coalition
• Walla Walla Immigrant Rights Coalition
• Seattle Democratic Socialists of America
• Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center
If your organizations would like to join the coordinate efforts, please email us at email@example.com